Gaining an Education in Canada

Canada’s education system is highly priced in the international market.

Post-secondary education is available in both private and government-supported institutions, which offer degrees, diplomas, certificates, and attestations depending on the nature of the institution and the length of the program. The post-secondary environment has evolved during the past few years, as universities are no longer the only degree-granting institutions in some jurisdictions. A recognized post-secondary institution is a private or public institution that has been given full authority to grant degrees, diplomas, and other credentials by a public or private act of the provincial or territorial legislature or through a government-mandated quality assurance mechanism.

If you are an international student seeking to study in Canada, you need to get a study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

To be eligible to apply for a study permit in Canada, you need to:

  • Have a letter of acceptance from a designated educational institution in Canada recognized by IRCC
  • Have documentation to prove that you have adequate funds to cover the cost of your first year of study, as well as the cost of living for yourself and your accompanying family members for the first year of study.
  • Have no criminal record
  • Clear a medical exam
  • Show your willingness to leave Canada after the study visa expires.

Process for Obtaining a study Permit:

Process for Obtaining a study Permit

If you are interested in studying at any of the 163 recognized public and private universities or 183 recognized public colleges and institutes, OMRAM Immigration will be pleased to help you. We can assist you in:

  • Applying for a study permit
  • Extending your study permit
  • Working while studying
  • Staying to work in Canada after you graduate
  • Getting a visitor visa to return to Canada